Thanks to my mother-in-law we are able to see what is going on in the room with our lovely video monitor. This was a our favorite Christmas gift and has brought us lots of entertainment. One of my favorite "Monitor Memories" is of Cason removing one of his socks, throwing it to Raileigh in her bed and Raileigh putting it on her hand and putting on a puppet show for her brother. It was great! Lately the monitor has brought us some humor followed by concern.
- I watched Cason climb onto the side railing of his crib, and ride it as if it where a horse. Raileigh decided to join in on the fun and did the same.
- Christopher was home on his lunch break and happened to look at the monitor only to see Raileigh running across her room to grab a book off the bookcase and quickly climb back into bed. I went to go see what was going on and she did this several times.
- We where woken up to lots of noise coming from their room and when we went to look at the monitor it had gone completley fuzzy. Christopher thought it was broken but I knew better. We went into the room and they where standing in the middle of their floor which was covered in toys, books, clothes etc. They destroyed the room and unplugged the camera.
It was definately time for big kids beds!!! Saturday we got the room Cason and Raileigh proofed and their new beds ready to go. Naptime came around and for the first hour we used our Super Nanny skills walking into the room saying nothing, putting them back in bed and walking out. They finally went to sleep and things have gotten a little easier when it comes to laying them down. Sunday morning we where woken up by Tatum telling us Cason and Raileigh got out of their room. Needless to say the door now has a safety cover. We have still been waking up to a toy filled room but we are working on it. Last night before we put them to bed I decided I would use a ponytail holder to keep them out of the closet and pulling every last toy out. This morning I found every toy on the floor and a broken ponytail holder. These two little ones love a challenge. They make me crazy but also make me laugh while they do it. Tatum was such an easy baby and has always followed directions very well. I am very thankful for that not only because she was easy but because we might have reconsidered having another child and we wouldn't have these two precious little babies! It is now safe to say we are definatly done. These two are a handfull!!! But I love them dearly and I always have interesting Cason and Raileigh stories to tell.
2 comments:
It doesn't seem like they should be in big beds yet! Time just goes by so fast.
What an amusing story!! My favorite was the ponytail holder story:) Their little beds are so cute! It is hard to believe they are two, they were so little when we moved here!
Post a Comment