Thursday, January 8, 2009
She loves him, She loves him not!
Yesterday I had to take Raileigh to the Doctor because she was not feeling well and her ears seemed to be bothering her. The Doctor's appointment was a 3:15 during the twins nap time so I had to sneak in the room, grab Raileigh and sneak back out. She seemed very excited at the fact that she was the only one getting up from nap. I got her changed and told her we where going to go bye bye and she got even more excited. She seemed thrilled walking to the car and after I buckled her in she started asking "where bubbie" and occasionally "where tae tae". I told her they where at home and she finally stopped asking. We finally arrived at the doctors office and when we walked in it was like Raileigh was expecting Cason to be there so the "where bubbie" questions started again. We went and sat down in the waiting room and Raileigh of course wanted to play. She went and sat down at the table and looked at the chair sitting next to her then looked back at me and said "this bubbies seat" and continued playing. There where three toys sitting on the table that she was playing with and out of no where Raileigh says "NO BUBBIE" and snatches the toy away. I guess acting out the normal sibling rivalry that goes on at home made her feel somewhat better about not having her bubbie around. The nurse called us back so we made our way to the room and once again Raileigh was expecting to see Cason and started asking for him again but of course no bubbie was any where around. The doctor came and checked out her ears and did his normal doctor stuff and he concluded she had an ear infection in both ears so he gave us prescription for an antibiotic and sent us on our way. Finally, on our way to see BUBBIE! I told Raileigh the whole way home we where going to see bubbie and she seemed excited so I was of course expecting a sweet reunion when we arrived home but of course they let me down. We walked in the house and in a very excited voice I said "Raileigh, there is your bubbie!" I put her down hoping she would run and hug him but instead she stood there for a second, looked at me and screamed. She did go play with Tatum and after about a minute they began fighting over the toy. What was I thinking! My kids, being sweet to one another, huh! Ok, occasionaly they do very nice things for each other but on a regular basis the closest thing we get to sweet is when one does something ugly to the other, serves their time in time out and then has to give the one they hurt or did whatever to a hug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment