was very very busy but lots of fun! The kids had a wonderful time and where exhausted by the time it was all over. Christmas Eve Eve we spent having dinner and opening prestents with Nina (Christophers Moms) and Aunt Bet Bet. We normaly do dinner at our house but we had the carpet cleaned that day and it was still wet so we went to Nina's instead. Cason and Raileigh still dont get the whole prestent thing so after opening the first few Christopher and I just ripped them open for them and passed them off to be played with. Tatum is a big girl so she opens presents one by one with the rest of us. Although this year with the babies not having to wait there turn we let Tatum open a few packages out of order. On Christmas Eve Christophers Dad, Grandparents and sister came over for more dinner and presents. We had pizza which Cason and Raileigh LOVE! This time we let the twins open all there presents first, play for a bit and off to bed. After they went to bed Tatum got enjoy the big peoples way of doing things and she was very patient and waited her turn like such a big girl. Her favorite present of the night was a cupcake decorating kit. She loves to cook!
I was exhausted by the end of the evening but still could not go to sleep because I had to wait for Tatum to fall asleep so "Santa" good get all the surprises ready for the next morning. Without checking in on her I decided the coast was clear to take down the stockings and start stuffing them. As I am walking to my bedroom with the stockings Tatum comes out of her room asking what was I doing so I told her I was just dusting them off because Santa doesnt like to see dirty stockings. Another hour went by and I decided to peak in on Tatum and she was finally sound asleep. So out the presents came and off to bed I went. Tatum decided to wake us up at seven and since she was getting an art desk for Christmas we decided to let Cason and Raileigh sleep so they couldn't get into the markers and Crayons. We also had a busy day ahead of us with no naps so for our sake letting them sleep in was the best option. Tatum loved her art desk and all the other little goodies Santa brought her and immediatly got busy coloring. We woke Cason and Raileigh up took them to the den and they really could have cared less about Santa and what he brought them.
We got ready and off to Grammy's house for more presents lunch. At grammy's was where Tatum received her most favorite present of all, a Leapster. She played with that thing all day and the next day. We finally had to put a limit on her game time. I have never seen her so into anything before. Cason seemed to enjoy himself he got some new balls and that was all that mattered. He probably got a total of 20 new balls for Christmas but he loves each and every one. Raileigh was in a fowl mood and threw every present I handed her... Surprise, Surprise! After lunch we decided we would make a quick trip home for short naps before we headed out to the farm. Naps where a good idea and Cason and Raileigh where pretty well behaved. We had some more good food and enjoyed the company of Family that we only see on Holidays. All in all it was a good Christmas but very exhausting. I am tired blogging about it and can feel myself gaining wait talking about the numerous dinners and lunches we had.
No comments:
Post a Comment