Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Friends, Football, Farewell and First Project!!!!

We had a very busy but very fun weekend! Saturday the kids and I headed to the Zoo to meet some friends for a playdate! Tatum had been looking forward to this all week long! As many of you know, Tatum fell in love on the playground at the age of 3 and is still in love with same boy. According to her they will get married and she has already told her daddy her husband can come and work for him. They are at different schools this year and suffered thru months of seperation over the summer so his mom and I finally worked out a playdate. C and R are in the same class as I's little sister L so it worked out well. The kids had alot of fun and managed not to get into too much trouble. C, R and L have very similar personalities and they like a challenge. R found an ant bed that looked interesting and decided to dig right in. Christopher is allergic to fire ants and sat in a bed when he was little. When I saw R with her hands and feet covered in ants Christopher kept running thru my head. Luckily she had no reaction except being itchy! C was really laid back and enjoyed the zoo. I am starting to think her gets a bad wrap from being so closely related to R. Lol! He does have his moments, she just has more! Tatum of course had a wonderful day!!! I think I might have to take away all the Fairytales because she acts like she lives in one!


I and T!!!

C, R and L! They look thrilled!
Okay, they really are thrilled!
Friends!
T say's Boyfriend and Mommy say's Bestfriend!
He is strange sometimes!

Saturday evening was of course game time!!! Christopher had been counting down the days since Bama's last game last season! I love Bama football but with it comes every other football game that Christopher has to watch. Also, it means lots of Sports Center and lots of time on the computer looking up everything pertaining to football especially Alabama. Pray for me over the next several months please! Anyways... we got together with some friends to watch the game and had a great time. The majority of us (the smarter ones) are Bama fans but we do have a few Aub's in the bunch. We are trying to correct this problem and if it can't be solved we might just have to let them go, Haha! Bama won, Roll Tide! Excitement over our victory soon ended because we had to tell a very good friend, bye : ( Christopher's oldest and closest friend got a job in Nebraska and he was going to be leaving early Sunday morning. Another change! We will now have to find new ways to stay entertained and find someone else to come over several nights a week, eat our food, harrass our dogs, tell me I'm mean, pick on Tatum, etc. Wow, after making that list I might not miss you as much K-man! J/k
Sitting between two Aub's! One is wearing black due to embarrassment!
Who is going to ruin every picture now?!
: (
Our adopted child!
Last but not least, Tatum brought home her first project assignment! She had to make a family tree and use different objects and materials to make the family faces, tree and other decorations. She was super excited about getting started and we had alot of fun, well at first! She did everything herself and I was their to assist and help give her ideas. She was very open to alot of my ideas at first but then she started shooting them down. I am happy she has a creative mind and likes to think of things on her own but she gave me attitude! Not only did she give me attitude but she stole some of my ideas and took the credit! I got pushed around by a 5 year old! Ok, she really wasent that bad. Well she was that bad but I found it to be humorous and enjoyed working with her. I am also proud of her! She drew, cut and glued everything and the finished product turned out great! It did take some time to dry because Tatum's idea of a drop of glue is a blob of glue.

Tatum's Family Tree











No comments: