Another big change is I am working! I know most of you know that already but some of you don't. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I am teaching the older two's at a Mother's Day Out program. For the past five years I have never really had to worry about getting anywhere unless we had some type of plans. Now, I have to get myself and C and R out the door and at work on time. I thought it would stress me out but it has actually been going really well. I have a great class and work with great people. C and R are also right down the hall from me.
The twins where going to start Mother's Day Out this year but only going two days a week. When I got the three day position we had to add one more day for them as well. They seem to really enjoy it and C is glad to get out of a house filled with girls!
The twins also had a big move right before school started. Do you remember my post on the big kid beds and the pictures of how cute their room was? After a while their room looked like a jail cell. It had bare walls, no curtains, a lock on the closet and locks on the dresser drawers. They destroyed their room!!! Despite all my child-proofing efforts they managed to get into every drawer and even in the closet. I had already learned a ponytail holder was not enough to keep them out so I bought one of the latches that hooks around both knobs and Christopher tied rope around the knobs as well. The still got it open!!! I also bought latches that hook around the side of the dresser to keep them out of there but they broke them off. We would wake up in the morning to a bedroom covered in clothes and toys! These two toddlers are something else!Naptime became a nightmare and watching them turn their mattresses into slides by propping them up using their beds was a little scary. It was time for seperation!!! So C now has a big boy room and the girls are sharing a room. It has worked out very well until recently R has discovered the joy of ripping up books. Books are now going to have to be taken out of their room. She reminds me of animal from the muppets! Blogging about the things C and R do make me tired! So I am going to leave you with some pics of the kiddos and hopefully I will do a better job of posting updates sooner.
2 comments:
oh lindsay i love the pics! Cason's room looks SO GOOD. I love the letters. did you make them? I am so glad that you are enjoying teaching and the routine of up and at'em and work. it does feel good at the end of the day when you have done something and your children have also benefitted... I am glad you are happy because I want your resignation of our babysitter to be worth it ;) we miss you and need a play date soon! maybe we can all get together and watch a game with each other!
Thank you! I did make the letters. I miss my girlies so a playdate sounds good and watching a game sounds like a good idea as well! Give my munchkins big hugs and kisses for me!!!
Post a Comment