Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day!!!


Thursday afternoon the decision was made that MPS would be closed on Friday! Very excited about the possibility of snow but not too much because the same thing happened in January. I woke up Friday morning, looked out the bedroom window and saw NO SNOW but did see a little rain falling! Stayed in bed and looked out the window a little bit later and there it was.... SNOW!!!! My early riser (Tatum) was already up and had made herself nice and cozy on the couch. I pulled the blinds up in the kitchen and showed her that snow was finally falling. Her response was "this is what I have always dreamed of", such a drama queen! She quickly asked for some hot chocolate and LOTS of marshmallows! When I woke Cason and Raileigh up I took them to look out the window as well and their little eyes filled with excitement! It took awhile for the snow to really stick and thicken up so we could go out and play! All I heard for the next few hours were questions related to when we were going out to play.
We finally made it outside and the snowball fights began instantly! Cason can pack a pretty mean snowball and they hurt! I got attacked by multiple snowballs and they thought it was hilarious. The kids had sooo much fun and wore themselves out!!!! Daddy had to go into work that morning and we hoped that they would close early due to no costumers. Of course, they were busier than ever so the day went on without our sweet daddy! I really wanted him to get home so he could play and enjoy the snow with us. Finally, at 5 o'clock I heard the sound of keys at the door and our dog Laci went nuts barking! Could it be...... Yes, it was Daddy!!!! The kids clothes had just finished drying, so we bundled everyone back up and headed back out into the snow and played! Cason was quick to show of his snowball making skills and decided it would be fun to attack Daddy's car with them. I made a snowman while the kids napped to surprise them and Raileigh was in love with it! Tatum wanted to make a snowman like Mommy's so she spent alot of time doing just that. We had such a fun relaxing day!!!!!!!!!








































No comments: