Monday, August 10, 2009
Oh How I Cried!
My baby girl left me this morning for her first day of kindergarten. This day has come way to fast and now my baby is really a big girl but to me she will always be my baby. The past few weeks we have been busy getting ready for school to start. Prepairing for school has been fun for the most part. I always have fun playing dress up with my girls so clothes shopping and shoe shopping was fun to do and she is extra cute in her uniforms! Luckily her school has pre-packaged supplies so we didn't have to spend any time trying to hunt down all the little things. Over the weekend I would start to think about her starting school and I could feel my eyes starting to fill with tears and a lump in my throat. I was able to keep it under control but I knew that would not be possible today. Getting ready this morning I got choked up a few times and driving to school as well. The closer we got, the harder it became to control it but I did. Christopher went with us this morning but remained in the car with C and R because he knew what would happen if he walked her in. So as we where walking into the building I ran into a few people a know and I had to keep conversations very short because everytime I tryed to open my mouth to speak I would get that lump in my throat and could feel the tears starting to come. We finally arrived at her classroom door and her teacher was greeting another child and her parents so as we waited Tate asked me for "loves". I bent down to give my baby a hug and kiss and attempted to tell her I love her but as soon as I opened my mouth I could feel control of my tears slipping away. I was able to hold myself together to get a picture and get out the door. Walking back to the car I made eye contact with NO ONE! When I got to my car Christopher asked me how it went and thats when I lost it. So there I was standing in a parking lot crying! I stopped crying and started crying several times during the rest of the car ride. There is just something about kindergarten that makes it completely official your baby is no longer a baby. I am sad my baby is getting big so fast but I am also so excited for her and all the things she is going to learn. I love seeing the knew things she learns and even if the growing process was slowed down it would never be slow enough for a parent. So I picked up my "Big Girl" this afternoon and she had a great day. She loves her school and loves her teacher and had so many exciting things to tell me about. Seeing her happy and have a joy for learning puts a smile on my face and makes all of my tears worth while. Enjoy the pics while I go cry some more.
On the way out the door!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awe I didn't realize she was going to Forest Avenue. My nephew is in 2nd grade there!
She will do so well at FA! And you will do so well going to work and exploring new talents for yourself. We love you forever and are praying for this big milestone to be a blessing in your everyday lives! Take care. we love you!
Post a Comment